This Test Question Database contains all of the test questions for the Czech Life and Institutions Exam. The test questions are divided up into three areas and a total of 30 topics:
- Basic Information about Czech Life and Institutions: 16 topics
- Basic Geographical Information about the Czech Republic: 7 topics
- Basic Historical and Cultural Information about the Czech Republic: 7 topics
In the Czech Life and Institutions Exam, each of the 30 topics is represented by 1 test question. More information about the topics can be found in the Specifications.
Each test question comprises the question itself and 4 alternative answers:
- The task is usually in the form of a question and it may include a statement, text, table or picture.
- The use of a negative in the test question is always underlined.
- Each test question has 4 alternative answers
- 1 answer is always correct
- 3 answers are always incorrect
- The answer may be in the form of a text or a picture.
- The test questions assume you have attained a B1 language proficiency level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- In addition to the official two-word designation Czech Republic (Česká republika), the one word geographic designation Czechia (Česko) is also used.
- If the test question uses the word citizen (občan), this refers to a Czech citizen of either gender.
- The term citizen (občan) is used in the test question to mean a Czech citizen or a person living in the Czech Republic.
- The content of the test questions complies with the new Civil Code (Act No. 89/2012 Coll.).
- Names and surnames (e.g., pan Novák, paní Svobodová, slečna Novotná) used in the sample situations are only examples and do not refer to real people.
- As facts may change over time, the Test Question Database is updated and supplemented on an ongoing basis.
- The exclusive copyright holder is the National Pedagogical Institute of the Czech Republic (NPI CR).
- All test questions for the Czech Life and Institutions Exam can be downloaded in PDF format here.
Instructions for using the Test Question Database
- Click on the title of the area (e.g. Občanský základ).
- all of the topics in this area will appear
- if you want to show all of the tasks in the databank, click on the button EXPAND ALL
- Click on the topic (e.g., Zvyky a tradice).
- all test questions on this topic will appear
- Try to answer the test questions.
- click on 1 alternative
- Check whether your choice is correct.
- a green tick next to the task means a correct solution
- a red cross next to the task means an incorrect solution
- the correct answer is also shown after clicking on the text Správná odpověď?
- Continue with the next question.
- Review all of the test questions.
- Practice the correct answer.
- Use the function of the so-called advisor.
- if you put the mouse on a word marked in blue in the online databank, the meaning of the word is shown