General schedule on the day of the exam
8:30 a.m. – 9:55 a.m. Registration 1
- Registration 1 is intended for candidates who are taking the entire exam or just the Czech Life and Institutions Exam.
10:00 a.m. – 10:40 a.m. Czech Life and Institutions Exam (written test)
- This is a written test that comprises 30 questions and takes 30 minutes.
- Approximately 10 minutes of the exam are devoted to preliminary test instructions.
10:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. Registration 2
- Registration 2 is intended for candidates who are taking the Czech Language Exam only.
11:00 a.m. – 2:15 p.m. Czech Language Exam (written part)
- Reading comprehension (50 minutes)
- Listening comprehension (30-35 minutes)
- Writing (60 minutes)
- Approximately 5-10 minutes of the exam are devoted to preliminary test instructions.
- A 15-minute break follows each sub-test.
2:40 p.m. – 5:45 p.m. Czech Language Exam (oral part)
- During the oral part of the exam, candidates are tested in groups of two. Lots are drawn to determine the order of the candidates and the time of the oral exam. The oral part of the exam lasts 15-18 minutes for the two candidates.